This tree is in my dining room. It stands about 4 feet tall. And it is my favorite tree in the house--not because of the tree itself, but because of its ornaments. We call it the travel tree. Since my husband and I were first married, we have always tried to find an ornament when we travel somewhere. It started on our honeymoon to San Francisco when we bought these . . .
Doesn't matter what time of year it is when we're traveling--we look for a Christmas ornament. And this tree holds them all. I love all the memories that come flooding back as we decorate this tree. Good memories of fun times. Memories that have become even more precious since we have had children and have begun taking family vacations with them. I sense that in coming years, we will be needing a larger tree!
Yeah, some of the ornaments are way cuter than others! Yeah, some are my taste, some aren't. Yeah, some of them are even kinda cheesy. But that's part of the fun and the charm, I think! Sometimes there is only one choice of ornament available! Sometimes there hasn't been any choice, and we have bought a keychain and turned it into an ornament. This is a tradition my family has come to love, and I will always be on the lookout for ornaments when we go someplace new!
I love your travel tree and I think it's such a cute idea.
ReplyDeleteOh Shelly, is so cute. Definitely is a great tradition.
ReplyDeletePS: Next Monday I'm hosting a Christmas Decorations tour on my blog, if you like join the fun.
I love your tree...kind of reminds me of my own! Has lots of charm!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWe recently started collecting ornaments from our travels. I wish I would have started this years ago!!! Love your tree!!!
ReplyDeleteI collect ornaments when we travel too!! I really like your travel tree! It looks great! I agree I like some of my ornaments more than others-ha ha!!
ReplyDelete