Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stairwell and Hallway: Before and After


Peachy-apricot, once again! That's how I would describe our stairwell when we moved in. And the stain on the handrail didn't help any! So, we painted. My husband and I had an ongoing debate about whether the wall in front of the stairwell should be painted the same as the living room or the same as the wall on the other side of the little hallway leading to the family room, which was white. As you will see below, he won (this round). White it was. (I never liked it!) At first we used our sofa table below the stairwell. It was a nice place to display photos, and we didn't have a place for it anywhere else yet.

When we repainted the living room, I won the debate and the wall became Ralph Lauren Barn Owl White, like the LR. Looks much more cohesive, right? We also inherited the rusty red bench from my husband's Grandma. I love it here, and the red matches the red inside the secretary in the LR. Oh, by the way, I also painted the handrail! On this one, we debated white or black, and for now, we decided to play it safe. But one day, it may end up black with white spindles!


And my boys' sweet pictures and the vinyl wall words (Uppercase Living) add so much to the hallway!

Finally, here's a view of the stairwell from the family room. Amazing what just plain white paint can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment