Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Writing on the Wall

I recently hosted an Uppercase Living Open House. In case you haven't heard of them, they are a direct sales business that sells the vinyl phrases for your walls. They are made of some sort of latex. They are removable, but not reusable. I had one on my black front door this fall with pumpkins. It baked on there in the afternoon sun. It came off with no problems! The open house was a lot of fun, and I earned a lot of free product! I had attended two other parties in the past, but this was my first time to be a hostess! Here are the fun things I got for my walls . . .

This first one, the monogram on my painted cedar chest, I got at the very first party I attended, almost two years ago. I custom designed it, it has been on the chest for over a year and a half, and I couldn't be happier with it! No peeling or anything!

I got this second one from my sister-in-law's party. It has been up in our basement playroom since September 2007, and people always ask about it!


The rest of these all came from my party. I spent a total of $28 on all my goodies!

I custom made the word "family" for above this photo collage that hangs in the stairwell leading to our basement.


I adore this one! It is in the hallway that leads from our entryway to our family room. So sweet! It is a bronze metallic color.


The next one was another custom design in metallic gold. We are from West Virginia, and our dining room is filled with pictures about our home state. The latin phrase is on the state seal of WV and means "Mountaineers Are Always Free." It is placed above our P. Buckley Moss print of Woodburn Hall on WVU's campus. I love the fancy script.


The next two were originally a single design. I really wanted a pineapple for my front door, and loved the design of this one, but it came with the words "Eat, Live, Laugh" below it. No problem! I simply cut off the words before applying it to the door! And rather than just throwing the words away, I decided that they would look great over our range--and they do!



The last phrase is over our front door, in the entryway. It is in a lighter brown color. I love the mixed fonts and the fancy Gs.



That's all folks! Actually, I will add that I purchased this phrase from Kohl's at Christmas time for our stairwell. (May Your Days Be Merry & Bright)

And although I loved the look of it, it never stayed up well. Every time we would go up or down the steps, my husband and I would press the saying back onto the wall, only to have it come right back off in places. Grrr! The trouble is, you have no way of knowing how old the ones in the store are, and apparently, the chances of them sticking well decrease as they age. Some people I know have purchased them and had no problems. I was not so lucky! I have had no problems with any product from Uppercase Living. They custom make your phrase when you order it, so you know the adhesive is fresh! You get to pick from a ton of colors as well, and some of them have two colors. I swear I don't sell Uppercase Living! I just really like the design and quality of their products!

2 comments:

  1. I like it. It's great add something different to our decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have hosted an Uppercase Living Party also. I do like their products. It took me forever to get anything put up though! I like how it adds such a personal touch to a space.
    Yours are all just lovely.

    ReplyDelete