Orison Swett Marden
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
New living room tables!
We took the proverbial leap and bought new tables for our living room! A rare spur-of-the-moment, fast furniture buying experience! We woke up one Saturday morning, and I told my hubby that I wanted to change something in the LR. I had been wanting new sofa pillows and a way to change the lighting. We have had a table lamp and a floor lamp on opposite ends of the sofa forever, and I was wanting some way to even out the height of the lamps. We had a sofa table behind the sofa, and I was thinking maybe two matching lamps on it. He said that he was in the mood to go furniture shopping. Well, that could solve my problem as well! Matching end tables would be great! Our tables had been around since before we were married (10+ years), and although they were in good shape, we had been tired of them for quite a while. I just thought the room was too vanilla. Beige walls, beige sofa, light tables. It needed something. So we packed up the munchkins and went to Furniture Fair--just to "look." 45 minutes later, we walked out owning two new end tables and a new coffee table! We're not usually that decisive or rash, but we both really liked them. We saved $80 by picking them up and putting them together ourselves, and we put our old tables on Craigslist (1st experience ever!) and sold them in a week. I am so happy with our purchase. BTW, I also ended up getting my new pillows as well--on clearance at Homegoods (along with new candleholders!) This is the first room we see every day as we come downstairs, and it makes me happy every morning!

AFTER!
BEFORE--ignore the b-day decor!
Another BEFORE--The Christmas pillows are what inspired me to get darker ones. This is how the lamps looked most of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment